Saturday, May 16, 2009

Blew my Stinkin' Mind

Let me start by saying, I've never been to a conference, retreat, bible camp, etc...Either never really had a desire or the capacity (time, money, etc.) to attend one. Well I got the chance to attend my first pastor's conference. Really it was a roundtable (we actually sat a rectangle one) discussion for college pastors. It was presented by theMILL (link: theLEAD Network), which is the College/20-Somethings Ministry for New Life Church in Colorado Springs, CO. First off, theMILL staff, lead by Pastor Aaron Stern (Blog Bump Here), did a phenomenal job. I took away SO much that my head is spinning. Second, that 1 1/2 days I spent with theMILL, and other College/20-Something Pastors, changed a lot of perceptions I had and gave me a deeper and more clear desire to walk with this generation as they walk with Christ. Third, that 1 1/2 days will probably end up spawning a few different blogs as I go through my notes, so look for that. I am so STOKED (that's my new word lately) for what God is doing in my life, with Element Church and what is on the horizon for theSHIFT. Here are some pics from theMILL (albeit not good ones, but still conveys the size a bit):


theMILL empty


theMILL filling up

Stoked,
Bruce

No comments:

Post a Comment