Thursday, February 12, 2009

My First Time

I just wanted to share something that I have never done, that I finally got to do today. I had seen people do it, I have heard of people doing it, but I was never bold enough to do it my self. What is it you ask? I finally, for the first time in my life, got to tell someone about my church and invite them to come on Sunday. I was so psyched!!
Last Thursday, Feb 6, I was eating lunch at Chili's with Jeff and our waiter asked if we were with a church (he over heard our conversation and it sparked his interest - isn't that cool in it's self? We weren't even trying to witness to him, just enjoying our talk, and God opened his ears and he asked us, but I digress), Jeff said yes and gave him an invitation card. All I told him was that he'd love it. So I got to see Jeff invite someone. Then on Sunday (first day of a new series none the less - Chasing the Wild Goose), our server, Maurice, showed up for second service. Totally AWESOME!!! Didn't think much about it for the rest of the week. Then on Wednesday, I was dropping off my oldest son, James, at the church for Youth Service and the thought popped in my head, "I need some invitation cards to carry with me". So I went in and grabbed like six. That night I put a couple in my money clip (yeah I carry a money clip - not much of a wallet guy anymore) so I'd always have some.
Today, I went to Wal-Mart (or the Wall) and I was wearing my Element Church Hoodie. While I was checking out (self check-out, almost the only way to go) the guy behind me asked, "Where is this Element Church?" I asked, "Do you know where Carlson St. is off of Yellowstone or Powderhouse?" He said he did, so I gave him directions, then thought -- wait a second, I have invitation cards. So I took one out and gave it to him. He said he and his wife had been looking for a new church recently and had not found one, then asked if he could keep the card. I told him absolutely and told him how great of a church it is and that we'd love to have him visit. He said, "Thanks a lot". Then I told him, no problem and I looked forward to seeing him there.
So I got to share my church with someone. It felt just so cool. I really hope he and his family come. I'll definitely be praying that he does.

No comments:

Post a Comment