Thursday, February 19, 2009

Quit Picking on Me!

This is going to be a short one…yeah right, we'll see.

I just need to get this whole being attacked by the Enemy thing out in the open. Since I have "gone public" with my God ordained passion for ministry, he has really been slamming me and my boys. Every time I turn around he takes another sucker punch. I have to say that with all the recent difficult times it is easy to feel like I have failed or that I'm not worthy to accept this calling God has placed in my heart. But it is times like these that the only way to prevail is to remember that it is not a failure and the Enemy WANTS you to feel unworthy. The truth is, God calls us to follow him, in the midst of our failures and sin, not because we are worthy, but because He loves us and He sees what we CAN be, not what we were or are. A great pastor I know (hint: Jeff Maness) said "Run to God even after you fail." That is so important to understand. We are human, we WILL stumble. But it is SO important to run to him at those times. It's like a little child that runs to their parent after falling and scraping their knee. God will provide comfort, reassurance and strength, if only we'll run to him. It is also important to remember we are not in a battle against flesh and blood, we are fighting "…against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." So it is also important that in times like these we put on the whole armor of God (It's a little long and I said I'd keep it short, so you can find it in Ephesians 6:14 – 17). The Enemy will not win (I don't want to spoil the end of the Bible, but if you don't believe me read Revelations – the devil loses). I love this next verse and it is perfect for dealing with the Enemy when he mounts an assault. "The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you." Romans 16:20. Did you get that? God is going to crush Satan under OUR feet. The enemy doesn't stand a chance.

Running to God,
Bruce

No comments:

Post a Comment